Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday is it the middle of the week or a weird Adam's family kid?

Ok, so back in the habit of writing. Two in one week. My old site is closing and I have some feelings of sadness. This place seems like a vast cavern of blogging with no end. I am sure I will get to know the ropes and soon I will know my neighborhood so to speak.

I am strung to use this outlet to my advantage. Today I am feeling fine. A bit stressed because work has been very busy. I am learning that this is the norm. I am good at my job. Sometimes you have to focus and become engaged in your work. I have been here nearly 8 years so I have to reinvent my role ever so often.

Life is good on the home front. Matt is out of town on business. I miss him. we just got new linens and anyone that knows me knows how I love a good set of sheets. Yes I do. try it out go out and invest in a set of 1000 thread count. You will sleep like a baby. I try not to seem so money obsessed it reads that way lately. I am just enjoying life and like to describe my finds. These I purchased at Sam's Club or Matt did for $80, so see. I mean there are sheets out there that cost $1,500 a set. Of course I have never met anyone that owned a set. I think those are like super expensive shoes I like to look but no matter what's in the bank I am not buying an $800 pair of stiletto's.

Now that my ankle was broken no more of those for me. I am stuck in Birkenstock's these days. Though it's been nice to avoid the trappings of fashion and enjoy the lay-ed back lifestyle. In fact I have become miss natural trading my shiny black stiletto boots and tulle skirt for gap khaki's and and soft t-shirt. It must be my home life.

My house needs work. Something happened and now all of sudden everything needs to be fixed. It's terrible. I need to paint the whole thing inside and out. I need a new front porch and roof work. God help me I am going to refinance this September. I am lucky enough to have about 50% in equity. Some many people have borrowed more than their house if worth and can't get refinanced it's terrible. Of course who in the hell ever thought it was a good idea to take negative equity. And to pay for credit card, shudder that scares the piss out of me. I mean I am no financial guru but I am smart enough not to pull all the equity out of the house. And credit cards are a must but they make better ice scrapers than financial tools IMO. Ok, slow this horse down so I can jump off.

Speaking of Matt let me add that he is on a major health kick. It's so of sweet. He is hitting the soloflex 4 nights week, getting his toes done, and he brought home some colon cleaning thing from GNC. I think it's a pre-mid life crisis. He also traded his car for a Toyota 4-Runner. He has been all about saving money lately. Which is good for both of us. You have no idea how much sooner I could retire without Starbucks!

Life is weird. All of the sudden I am looking for wrinkle cream. Discussing ways to retire. Watching interest rates and gripping about gas prices. It's sort of cool to feel grown up.

My sister said we should buy some land on a body of water, I vote for a river. Anyway then we can wither build or renovate a little house or build little cabins and live near each other when we are old. Sounds good to me. As long as I keep a loft in a decent sized city.

I need to get back to the grind!
KEL

1 comment:

soren faust said...

Hey Kel! Thanks for adding me to your blog. I definetely want to keep up. It sounds like you're doing alright, despite the busi-ness. I've been extremely busy lately with going to Busi-ness school and working full time. But, in the end, it will be worth it. Happy Birthday!! I hope your new year will be great.

btw, you'll see that i have several identities on the internet. i don't have a blog on blogger, but am registered as soren faust my old name.

you have my real identity on facebook...

i need to pare these identities down! it's getting out of hand :)