Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank God for Tinted Windows

So it's Tuesday and I am posting away. I am trying to enjoy blogging again like when I started. If you are reading and would like me to link your blog please let me know. I would like to say I am a completely silly person.

I like this cool blue. It's soft. I burned a bunch of crazy songs on a CD before work today. Some where downright silly. Have you ever been a red light and looked at someone like yeah I am listening to that and no it did not die with whatever decade. As much as I love new music I find it exhausting keeping up with this or that. So I go into periods where I don't listen to anything made after 1990. It's strange and I am sure I am not alone I go through decade phases. Like today I burned all all this bluesy music Joe Tex, Dire Straights (Sultans of Swing is an all time favorite of mine), the Coasters, Johnny Cash (I know right!). So I am driving to work with super old Tom Petty on and it put me in a good mood.

So what kind of music do you like that seems embarrassing? Ok, I will admit two things I love the Rich Girl song by Hall & Oates and I like to drive fast to silly Southern Rock.

I keep thinking I am a grow up I can listen to what I want. But come on do you ever find yourself turning down the stereo at a traffic light because you are embarrassed by your own taste? Oh god is this just me. And don't give me that I don't care about what other people think line. That in itself lacks any originality.

Also I have been trying to get into A New Earth. the Eckhart Tolle book. I find myself drifting everytime. Is that my ego? My sister told me it was this amazing experience for her when she read it. She seemed to gain understanding, I keep trying to focus on the damn thing. Maybe my damn EGO is to big for the book. Have you read it?

Toodles,
KEL

5 comments:

soren faust said...

I love listening to the first Berlin album, which my girlfren hates. I'm not sure I'm embarrased by it, though. Hell, here in Baltimore, everything goes. Nobody gives a damn about anything, so blast Berlin away! I say. :)

glad to see you enjoying posting again.

Btw, you should allow different social networking sitest to register, e.g. LiveJournal.
Just a suggestion...

Anonymous said...

Haven't read but a part of the Tolle book, but going thru my own little ego release phase- like it or not! Check it out www.storyofstuff.com

Anonymous said...

i have been reading you off and on for awhile. I am starting to find out that i work myself to death 15 hours a day and use the fact that it is for a non-profit as the excuse. But really it is because making new friends is such a bitch. I know that sounds bad but true. I found myself at the Tolle thing on ITunes and i think it is worst than Algebra (which i hate). I just ain't feelin' him like others seem to feel him...he seems like a nice person though.

shaun

kel said...

Yes, I often find myself embarassed at stop lights for what I am listening too. Oh well, must be a "kel" thing...

Have a nice day.

tui said...

Heh... I have dozens. At the moment, The Carpenters...

And Johnny Cash is NOTHING to be embarrassed about.

t